Thursday 26 April 2012

They say things are sent to try us.  It seems to me that millions of things are constantly sent to try ME!

Once again I had an awful night.  I just cannot sleep comfortably on my back.  Now that I am a little more mobile, I keep turning to my side in my sleep and then waking up because I am laying on the stoma/bag or, if on the other side, the bag is beginning to peel away.  So I turn, wake up, thrash about on my back for a bit, doze off, turn, wake up and so it goes on.  By morning I ache all over and feel like crap -- and there's always plenty of that becvause the damnable bag needs emptying!

But today I have an attack of cystitis to add to my woes.  Now, in addition to feeling like I need to 'poo via the normal route' (I don't, of course.  Not with an Ileostomy, but it just feels like it all the time) I now feel like I need to piss all the time too.  I rush to the toilet, only to pass two or three agonising burning drops.  Exit the toilet eyes watering and doing that funny walk only cystitis suffers know and try to sit down at the computer and get on with some writing.  Problem is, how am I supposed to concentrate on anything at all when it hurts to sit down and all I can think of is bladder/bowel/poo bag?  Very frustrating.

1 comment:

  1. Almost finished reading your first book Keri. Cannot tell you how very brave I think you are and what an inspitation you are to all the other people soles who are being tortured and hurt by people that should be loving and caring for them. I felt your sorrow for you lovely Tammy, I shed tears too. It seemed that neither of you stood a chance in that bloody house. Thank God for the kindness and love of the people you met on your way that truely did the best they could for you. You were let down by the system - what thick morons they were. Please stay strong, I am sure you will recover from the horrific operation and fight with the strength you have carried with you all your life. I wish you luck and health and only happiness for the rest of your life. Stay strong.Karen Foster (mother of Cherise)

    ReplyDelete